PLSDP is aiming at providing skill development to the marginalized communities across Karnataka. It has been initiated with a vision to create skilled individuals and provide them with not only sustainable jobs but also aspirational careers.
The advantages of the project are many fold; some of them are:
- Affordability – The DYES, through sponsorship leverage aims to provide the courses at no cost to deserving candidates who cannot afford to pay for them. We believe in equal opportunity for the beneficiary irrespective of the societal background he or she comes from.
- Industry Relevant courses – Through this initiative, the department envisages to provide skilling on industry relevant demand led courses which are created using industry expertise. This will ensure up to date training and aid in maximum employment of skilled candidates.
- Placement Opportunity – On successful completion of the course, the beneficiary will be linked with Potential employers through job fairs, group discussions, Aptitude tests and Face to face interviews. The opportunities would be both local and migrant and could be in Rural, Semi-urban and Urban areas.
- Specialized Soft Skills Training – The demand led courses being offered are designed to have a good mix of technical and soft skills components to ensure holistic learning for the beneficiary.
The skills would include Communication, Interview skills, Body language, Work Etiquette, Professional Grooming, Behavioral Skills to name a few.
- Experienced Facilitators – The courses are delivered by experienced facilitators who have a good track record in skill development. The facilitators have industry expertise and have been very successful professionals in their line of work.
- Certification by Accredited bodies – The beneficiaries will be assessed by 3rd party assessment agencies and will be awarded course certificates endorsed by Authorized National or International bodies.
- Post Placement Support – We believe in long term engagement with the beneficiary and the employer in the form of post placement support. This would empower the beneficiary to receive continual support to enhance his or her skill sets and also provide the employer with opportunities to offer a sustained growth and career path to the employee.
- Reduce the Demand need in the Industry.